This has laid on my heart for some time now, and starting the conversation is not a strong suit, so I will jump right in. K? Awesome.
There is a lot of pain going on lately. Disease, heartbreak, divorce, drugs, drama, sick babies, lost jobs, family feuds, and on and on and on… If this is you in any capacity, I am so sorry.
If you are anything like me, you get so ensnared in your own stuff, you feel ten times worse when you find out a loved one is in dire need. “I just let my first world problem take control of me, and ________ is hurting…. Awesome!” (Obviously, some of these issues are not, in fact, first world issues and I am not downplaying any one’s situation in the least.)
Now your stuff still remains undealt with, with a nice frosted layer of guilt. Again, awesome.
This Random is blue, but stick with me here!
Luckily prayer supply can always outrun prayer demand! Christians know the church is an extended family. Not only that, my friends, the human race is an extended family! Pray it up for everyone. There is a light inside us all needing to pour out, for the sake of Spirit. How are you pouring out?
Seems so daunting… When I see a challenge like this, I immediately make it a legalistic charge to save the world single-handedly. Which will exhaust and piss me off in about a month. Been there?
So here it is folks, a little guide-book of stuff handed to me in quiet time. Stuff that is in process for some, and already processed by others. Go get ’em, Dear Ones!!
– Where do you put your energy when you pray? Are you praying for the pain/sickness to leave, or are you already declaring health/recovery? Prayer for cancer to disappear, is still praying about the cancer… Make sense?
– Everything has its time… Including your junk. Bitterness, unforgiveness, pain… It’s all there as a part of the lesson plan too. So, identify it, acknowledge it, own it, and let it run it’s course. Pushing too hard to get rid of it usually makes it worse. And for goodness sake, do not get too comfortable with it!
– What is it you are holding on to? Sometimes the thing is so buried we don’t know What our junk IS.. Start vomiting your crap on the page. It will come out eventually. When you see it, you will know. It’s almost magical how your heart will lighten!!
– Everything has it’s time… Holy Crap, do we ever have an issue with patience! If you are in a first world trial, keep this in mind. You are not going to get to the next lesson, if you do not let this one penetrate. And that takes process.
– And process isn’t necessarily organized in linear steps. Everyone is different, so don’t be mad when freedom looks different on someone else. Envy will take you back a pace or two, so be glad in the progress of others!
– Fear is Freakin’ TOXIC!!! Trust in your maker. TRUST IN YOUR MAKER that everything is worked out for good. Perspective in the bubble is always distorted. Once the bubble you are in bursts, things get so much clearer!!
– Be Real. Being pissed, ugly cries, fits of rage, where stupid tends to show up. Ugly as it may be, it’s still authentic. Suppressing is unhealthy, obvious, and dishonest.
– Be grateful for what is in front of you. Remind yourself always of gratitude. THIS, right here, can get away from us so quickly… ALWAYS be grateful for your blessings. THAT is where we need to keep energy invested.
– Randomly pick 5 friends/family members to connect with and encourage during the week. Most of the time we have no idea what others are going through. A text that says “hello, I love you” can make a person’s lifetime!
– SMILE as often as possible! Look strangers in the eye, Allow yourself to laugh as loud as you can. Cook someone dinner. Blindly pick someone on your contacts list and send them flowers. DO something that gushes out love.
– Keep in mind this one thing about yourself… YOU ARE AMAZING. YOU ARE AWESOME. YOU ARE PURE LIGHT AND POWER. YOU ARE LOVE.. YOU ARE LOVED! ok, that’s many things.. So, now you know you are more than you believe.
Never EVER give up hope, Friends! Fight for yourself, Fight for others. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your life. It has been a weird and wonderful ride so far. May your today be amazing, may your tomorrow be even better!
I love you!
ps. if you are reading Random for the first time, it is, simply a flow of thoughts posted at completely random times to completely random people on my contact list, and posted here on the blog. Usually there is nothing random about who Random reaches. Thank you for reading!